Welcome to 2023
We made to 2021 and I am truly delighted and blessed. Last year was quite an experience for many of us. From natural disasters to politics, our lives have been impacted in one way or another. Well this year is going to great. We all have the opportunity to make things better.
I personally challenge you to do something different on a regular basis. Something that can lead to the betterment not just for your family and friends, but for yourself. Write your own story of life, and do not let someone else do it for you!
I was born and raised in the Bronx, New York and the eldest of five (5) siblings. I also attended Blessed Sacrament Grammar School. (Just a few years earlier than U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Maria Sotomayor.)
I am a strong believer and advocate in giving back to the community. One of my passionate roles includes regularly providing free legal service to the poor and undeserved at Fame Legal Clinic in Los Angeles, California. Later completing my undergraduate and law school studies at Howard University. LIVE YOUR LIFE!
Despite a busy practice and her role as Mother and Grandmother, Margo manages to devote a significant amount of her time to her community, to God, to her Alma Mater, Howard University and to the National Bar Association. Margo has been very active in her Alumni Association and National Bar Association having held numerous offices; including recently helped to raised well over Two Hundred Thousand dollars for Howard University.
Margo has received numerous honors for her advocacy and community work, including The Howard University International Law Alumni Club (HUSLIAA) at its annual meeting at the NBA. Among her many honors, Margo was RECENTLY INDUCTED INTO THE Langston Bar Association’s Hall of Fame.
BOUCHET’s other impressive accomplishments and credentials include:
- Life Member in NBA since 1980 Life Member, Langston Bar Association.
- Member, Calif. Association of Black Lawyers (CABl)
- Two Term Chair, Women Lawyers Division (WLD)
- Recipient of Outstanding Division-NBA-WLD, while Chair
- Board Member NBA-ADR for several years
- Current Editor-NBA-ADR Newsletter;
- Past Secretary-NBA-ADR Section
- Past President of Inglewood Bar Association
- Founding Member, Black Women Lawyers-LA
- Former Board member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Former Board member, Langston Bar Association
- Two Term Member At Large NBA- Board Of Governors
- Member of Hall of Fame Committee, Langston Bar Association
- Three Term Chair, Necrology and Recognition Committee
- Hall of Fame Inductee, Langston Bar Association-2012
- Planning Committee for NBA Convention-2015 in L.A.
- VP- Howard University School of Law Alumni Club-2015 to present
- Two Term Chair, WLD LawSuits program
- Member ABA and L.A. County Bar Association
- Served for Five (5) Years as a volunteer Judge in Superior Court in Inglewood, Ca
- FIRST AME (FAME) Legal Clinic volunteer in California.
Margo practices Family Law and Mediation in Los Angeles and Culver City, California. She is certified on the National Bar Association’s Panel of Mediators and Arbitrators.
Margo has one daughter, Rahkel, who is a Judge in Washington, D.C.; who is a member of the NBA Judicial Council. BOUCHET has two sons and three grandchildren.
Margo recently helped to raise $50,000 for fellow HU Alum, Kamala Harris, who is running for US Senate from California.
As Co-Chair of HU 50th Class Reunion BOUCHET helped raise in excess of over $174,000 in 2016 for the University.in addition to establishing the Bouchet Endowed Scholarship Fund at Howard university School of Law.
BOUCHET was also instrumental in creating Bison On The Vineyard, an organization of Howard University Alumni and friends who regularly vacation on the vineyard. BOV has raised and donated in excess of $25,000 in scholarship funds. This year, as Co-Chair of Bison On The Vineyard, BOUCHET secured permission from the Edward Brooke Family to create BOV’s Inaugural Senator Edward Brooke Award to be issued to a person who demonstrates the quality and credentials for which Senator Brooke was hailed.
Margo Bouchet is dedicated to Howard University beyond measure. Margo works tirelessly to support and strengthen the Howard University legacy. Her devotion and commitment is never-ending, which is why she has my vote!”
Margo Bouchet is a living example of all that is great about Howard University. As long as I have known her, she has paid it forward for the future generation of Howard students. It is a no-brainer…vote for Margo Bouchet!
MargoBouchet.com is proudly powered by WordPress